2. The Game of Life. Ah yes, there’s nothing better than a board game reminding you that you could easily be condemned to a lifetime of underpaid salaries, house fires, bankruptcy and childlessness. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t do something. That’s for you to find out on your own.
3. Fisher Price Medical Kit. Hypochondriacs rejoice! Now every cough, sniffle and boo-boo can be treated as a major medical emergency.
4. A Santa outfit. Dressing your child up in a Santa outfit for holiday photos is why your child will grow into an adolescent who hates you.
5. A Barbie doll or superhero action figure. Can you say body image issues?
6. The Magic 8-Ball. See Schizotypal Personality Disorder criteria #2: odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior (e.g., belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, “sixth sense” or The Law of Attraction…)
7. Curious George. He’s an impulsive monkey with a pathological lack of human attachment behaviors. Do you really want your child emulating this behavior? Hopefully your insurance plan covers stimulant medication.
8.The Espressione Café Retro. Why is an espresso machine sold through the Toys R Us website? If your child is already hooked on caffeine, a substance abuse problem is definitely in the future.
9. Tickle Me Elmo. Tickling a giggling furry creature is a sure-fire way to kick-start sexual fetishism.
10. Etch-a-Sketch. Your child will spend hours working on a deeply meaningful artistic creation – only to have it wiped away at the slightest hiccup. A psychologically devastating reminder of the ubiquity of loss and the ephemeral nature of existence. Also, no building sand castles on the beach.